Tuesday, May 24, 2005

One former colleague of mine made this statement when I was working in a marketing company in the city last December.

Why is it that when people grow up, they lose the ability to dream anymore.

A boy would dream of becoming an astronaut one day, but as he grows up, ask him what's his dream. Isn't it ironic that people lose the ability to dream as they grow up. Most settle for a decent job (nothing wrong with it), and do life for the next 40+ years.

I'm talking about myself. Being in a church that talks about dreams, making champions out of ourselves and having a vision and hope for our lives, sure made me think and stirred me up in this area.

Hence, I ask the question to myself, "What are your dreams, R a y m o n d Chuah?"

...


My dream.

Here goes:

1. Being an influential figure in the advertising and media industry, where I am able to make Christ known through the media and using what the devil has used for the past decades for God's glory.

2. Be a drummer for an international, world-travelling band (strictly Christian band).

3. Be both a drummer and a pastor of the fastest growing church in Asia (hah! drummer bit sounds goooood!)

4. Live in a house with a loving wife, kids, 5 bedrooms, 2 study, a large entertainment room, 3-car garage, and acres of land, I wouldn't object to a beachfront property somewhere in Sydney or Gold Coast. ( haha! :P)

5. Drive a fast car, fast! :D wheeeeeeeeeeee!

...

I reckon that's my top 5 list of dream stuff I want to see happening. But you know what? After writing this.... my heart's desire is to this: To hear God tell me that I've been a good and faithful servant. To know God like how greats like Abraham and David knew God. To be called a friend of God and to be a man that chases after the heart of God.

Yeah... it sounds right.

3 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs* :) Just wanted to do tt. - skye

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger raychuah said...

*HUGGSS!*

 
At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, ##NAME##, there are plentyof blogs about, and lots don't seem to make much sense, so it was glad to see yours. Enjoyed it. Best, John ##LINK##

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger