Wednesday, May 11, 2005

There's something about the window seat: Some people love it, some people hate it. Some people would book way in advance for it, others are satisfied with aisle seat. While some others, had to endure what is known as 'The Sardine Can'.

There's something about sitting in the window seat. I remember when I had my first plane ride to Penang when I was a young boy. It was only an hour long air travel aboard the Malaysian Airlines System. I remember slowly sliding the plastic window shade up, peeking through the airplane window, the first thing I noticed was the huge span of wings the plane had. I thought to myself, they sure look big and heavy, but even then, I have to rely on them to bring me up to the clouds, nonetheless.

As soon as the aircraft took off, I noticed how the mechanical wing modified itself slightly so that we will be able to fly full speed at minimal friction. It was in that window seat, I saw (what looked like to me then) the world. I saw mountains reduced to a tiny speck, I saw the city of KL I live in reduced to a mere dot. In a matter of minutes, they all disappeared and all I see is the blue sky and white clouds. All while I'm glued to my window seat.

I want to be in the window seat. I am not refering to an airplane window seat. I want to be booked in to the window seat of the Kingdom Airlines System. I want to ride on the wings of God. When I look out of the window, all I see is the huge span of God's wings. I want to hear Him say 'Trust Me, I'll bring you to your destination safely.' In an instance, I want to soar on the wings of God. To slide that window shade up and see my earthly cares fade away in His glorious light. Oh... the joy of soaring on eagles' wings with God.

Book me in to that window seat, Lord.

I trust You. Through the storms and turbulance that may come, I trust You.

This... is the writings of a window seat traveller.

1 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Book me in for a window seat too :) *HUGS* welcome, dear friend, to the blogging world :D
- skye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger