Thursday, July 14, 2005

The city on a hill that cannot be hidden.
Let me not be ashamed of telling my world the gospel of Your love.

Today God turned around a meeting with my manager into a discussion about God and the church. He was telling me about how he just got saved and convicted that the purpose and meaning of life is found in God and how he knew that only Jesus could save us. He was asking me about my beliefs, so I told him that I'm a Christian and I there are some standards that I set for myself in the office, about how I conduct myself (whenever there's a Friday drinking session and such). He said he was impressed and respected the decision. But what was even more amazing, is that he started telling me that for 29 and a half years of his life, he didn't believe in God, until a month ago. We were all watching the final episode of 'John Saffran versus God' during our lunch time break. And in there, it featured John Saffran (an international telejournalist) that confronted Bob Larson, a widely known exorcist from America.

Right after watching it, he said he felt something stirring in his heart that there is more. That what he saw, was not just an act, but there is a whole spiritual aspect to it that he had to know. Hence, he went on this journey of discovering this Christ that we know and love. He mentioned that he was going to be baptised very soon and that he will be taking the opportunity to have a meeting with the Anglican church down the road to see if there's anything we can do as a company to impact the community in Boronia.

He has been going around the company asking whether the staff were Christian, and if there were not, why. We began to chat about church, when I asked him whether he's been to church before. He said that his first time in church was about a month ago when he attended Planetshakers City Church in Festival Hall. Did I hear you mention Planetshakers? - I said. He said that was his first time in church and he liked it, and said something about the American pastor (Ps. Glen Berteau) who mentioned things that really made sense to him. He said he was curious about church when he visited planetshakers.com and read Ps Russell Evans as being the leader of the leaders, which he felt was true and he mentioned that he really want to meet him one day too.

Wow!

What was even more amazing is that, my other boss who co-owns the company was a backslidden Christian, but when he saw that this guy, my boss being all fired up with the Word and just wanting to know more about God, he got fired up as well. So, now he is attending church and reading the Bible. There was once when I saw him reading the Bible when he had some free time in between talking to clients on the phone. So, it turns out that the person who brought my 2 bosses to Planetshakers City Church was this guy who was a major investor in the company.

I'm amazed, Lord.

Utterly amazed.

Continue blowing my mind, Lord.

By the way, my boss changed the mission statement of the company to something like this (can't remember the whole thing) - To change and impact the community in Australia and abroad by commerce and by the Spirit. He was telling me that when he changed that, he had the Holy Spirit in mind, hence he included the Spirit part.

Dad! You rock

7 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger TJ said...

WOW!

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a reason why you sit on the train all the way to boronia ;)
wow! -von

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God ROCKS! woohoo! :D Roms 8:28 - skye

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger raychuah said...

one word: WOW! :D

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger TJ said...

3 letter...
w
o
W
!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Incognito said...

*boggle* wow. awesome, dude.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger raychuah said...

it is, isn't it?... wow-worthy stuff! haha :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger