Thursday, December 08, 2005

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

He will call upon me, and I will answer him;

I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
- Psalms 91:14-15 [NIV]

How great is Your love, Lord! I'll never comprehend and understand the extent of Your love for me. Yet when I wake up in the morning and think that it's too hard to go on, I'll tell myself "I can do it, I can do it, Yes, I can do it!" Because You love me and You'll deliver me, rescue me, protect me and save me from all circumstances.

God is love. And God responds to love. God responds to hurts. How many times have we made Him cry yet He still says that He loves us. But when we say that we love Him and magnify it through our actions, He responds to that too. Our God is awesome!

This week has been awesome, first started of by an internship breakup dinner at Ps Russell and Sam's house. It was the most amazing time we could spend as fellow interns with other pastors there as well; Ps Mike and Amanda, Ps Matt and Lisa, Mark Penny, Ian and Debbie Prescott, Ps Rob and Assunta came for awhile, and so did Henry. There were just so much food on that night, and I was pleasantly surprised when I realised that Ps Sam actually prepared all of them. From the starters, like the various salads and such, through to the barbie, and then the dessert, which saw 4 different kinds of cakes all sliced and decorated on small plates. Their house was very nice and cosy to say the least. It was sprawled over a generous piece of land surrounded by abundant flora all around. They have a large backyard/garden with a heated pool and a tennis court at the side of their house! The evening was amazing, with Ps Chad and Tiffany giving each of us gifts. My gift was a black T-shirt that has the word 'Australia' over the chest. haha.. Ps Chad was saying that this is so that I can remember Australia as where it all started wherever I go in the future. Ps Russell and Sam then shared with us for awhile and then the interns did some pressie-exchange. My secret santa was Brad and he gave me a Planetuni T-shirt at first, then he said that the 'serious' one was 2 boxes of Cadbury chocolate :) He crack me up all the time! Both were wrapped in pink Barbie wrapping paper too! It was painful to hold but easy to rip it apart. hahaha! After that, we were sitting at the side of the pool having drinks while most of the guys jumped into the pool, entertaining us with their 'stunts'. We left at about 11.15pm and reached home close to midnight.

Ps Chad was mentioning in the internship yesterday that it was an amazing and special night for all of us at Ps Russell's because to have all of us at Ps Russell's house as interns will never happen again. Because next year when internship double in the numbers, the breakup wouldn't be at their house anymore, because it will be just too many people. So, it was a special moment for us to share that 'intimate' moment with them at their house. Speaking of internship, yesterday was the last time in history we're going to meet together in a group and we were just sharing with each other what were our 'last words' for the group in a setting like that. Later that evening, I made a trip back to the city, then to Bridge Road and St Kilda to do some Christmas shopping for S k y e love :)

It is only FIFTEEN DAYS before I meet her again. Can't wait. This will be an amazing month for me. It already is but it will just get better and better! Never have I looked forward to Christmas Eve so much in the 24 years of my life!

4 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we will make it :) The God we serve and the love we have will carry us through *huggs* 15 more days, love, 15 - skye

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger raychuah said...

*huggss* only 15 more days to go :) we can do all things thru Christ!

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup, that's right! :> - skye

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger raychuah said...

:D absolutely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger