Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Don't blink. Or it'll be 2006 already.

People make new year resolutions, some keep them, some don't even remember what they are in the first place. Why? Resolutions are kinda like milestones of achievement in one's life. It's like if I'm able to achieve that, then I have done something with my life this year and I've moved on. I, for one, do not make new year resolutions. I believe God has prepared a life more abundant and wants you to overcome and experience countless victories in your life, much more than those you can overcome by yourself. That way, God receives all the glory. That man should not boast about himself, but about the One who chooses to work through him.

There's something about celebrating new year with your loved ones. Especially when you celebrated the coming to this year on New Year's Eve the year before with each other. There's such significance in spending the last few moments of a year together and welcoming the first few moments of the new year together. I reckon, God who's our First Love wants to do that too. I begin to picture him as a person, an individual. We spent the whole year with him, laughing, crying, talking and walking with him. But come new year eve, we leave him alone in a corner. His heart's desire is saying "I wish I can be the one holding you when the countdown ends, but.. you seem a little too busy for me." I can imagine tears flowing down his cheek when we decide to put him on a shelf come new year. Let him be the one that hold you this year. He's longing to do that. There's nothing and no one who would give you a better year without him by your side through it all.

God, our Father in heaven wants to hold us and tell us that it will all be ok. There are some things that are still cloudy, but they will be revealed in due time. Just believe. Don't let go of His hands. Remember those times when He held your hands and led you through the valley, and with the same hands he held you close to Him, listening to every word you have to say. Just believe.

In response to the words 'Hold me, never let me go', Ps Russell shared that the Holy Spirit's response is 'I've never let you go. I will never do that. I'll never leave you or forsake you. Yes, sometimes it's quiet, but even in your room, I'm there. Just feel me, I'm there with you.'

He just wanna spend time with you. Hang with you. Only if you let Him.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger ling long said...

yi kor... so true... so touched.. a revelation... haha... a lesson learnt... to never.. never.. take advantage of His forever faithful presence...

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger raychuah said...

haha.. yup, tts right :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger