Friday, December 02, 2005

Second of December two thousand and five.

In four days, it would be brother's nineteenth birthday. Two days after that, would be my mom's birthday. It's been a while since I celebrated their birthdays. It's been a while since we celebrated birthdays as a family actually. My brother messaged me thirty minutes ago asking me when I'll be touching down. It'll be great to see them. All of them. It will be great to go to DUMC as a family too :) Which will soon be renamed to Dreamcenter. Nice! You go, Ps Daniel Ho. I remember beaming with pride as I read the brochure explaining the various structures in the new building. I was like you mean that's my church? haha.

By the end of this year, I would be in Planetshakers City Church for twenty two months. Still remember the first time standing on the balcony while Henry Seeley and team belted out songs like 'Reflector' and 'How I Love You'. My thoughts then we like if these people kept jumping like that, won't the balcony fall apart in six months or something? hahaha, no... it didn't fall for sure. We're all still here. Remember one time I went to Hungry Jacks and Rudy came up to me and asked me if I want to help out doing pack up. I was like you mean I get to touch Planetshakers gear? hahaha.. silly me. Remember the first time I walked to the alter call and Ps Ben prayed for me. Remember going to my first urbanlife in September '04 sitting in the core group meeting with twenty other people. Having Ps Ben calling me every other day to discuss about urbanlife. Going to his office at Salvos making seventy to a hundred calls between both of us. It was fun actually. Remember Ps Ben and I going to Safeway at Lygon to buy sausages, drinks and food for our barbeque end of the year. We were still in his small maroon Hyundai Accent. Remember Ps Ben calling me up early this year asking me to take over the group. Remember standing on the stage with butterflies in my stomach and sweaty palms while I shared a 5 minute (or so) testimony. Ps Russell and Sam's response were classic! Especially with Brian moving closer to the keyboards to 'prepare' just in case. lol! You people crack me up! :) Remember how Ps Matt moved to Melbourne in February and everything was like a dream come true. Remember the time when he went on stage and was introduced as the University Pastor. wow. Remember one time I went to his place after internship and played a car racing game! hahaha.. I beat him by one second! woohooo! But he beat me heaps of times though. I reckon, he practiced! hehe. There's so many other memories that are worth mentioning but if I would it would take up the whole blog. Like DNA retreats, going to church after my accident, standing right in front of the moshpit with my buddy Narmit, delirious easter concert, etc. For the record, remember Ps Chad walking up to me and saying that my internship application has been approved. Don't know how to react then, but to ask him can I hug you? haha!

There's nothing I would do that would make me want to exchange those memories for anything. The time when God orchestrated everything with S k y e and me. And how he is still doing an awesome work in us. How He'll be bringing us into the sixth month since we're together and beyond. There is nothing that I would do to trade those moments. Remember the time when we got together like it was yesterday. How we met Ps Matt at church then Brunetti's to hear his say.

It's been a ride.

And it's only twenty nine days before we welcome two thousand and six.

" Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not his benefits -


who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."
- Psalms 103:1-5

6 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugggggs* so many good memories... such a long way we both came as individuals and as a couple... praise the Lord oh my soul, how could we not? thank God for u, ray! - skye

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger raychuah said...

we've come a long way indeed.. :) how God just held our hands and led us thru this year is amazing.. and this year still hv not come to an end yet. more gd things r yet to come! :D *hugggggs* i thank God for u, skye!

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my desktop timer says it's 20 days 05 hours and 54 minutes till we meet again! :D when i wake up, it will technically be 19 days though the timeline on my blog is a day slower. wheeee! - your girlfriend who's getting hyper from tiredness and the late hour at work :>

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger raychuah said...

my timer says 19 days 16 hrs and 20 minutes till we meet again! :D poor girlfriend who's gotta work so late.. must take care n get enough rest ok? *hugggs*

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mehh-mories.
i serenade to the both of you.
...meh mories.

;)
von

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger raychuah said...

hahaha.. tts good, where the vioin? :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger