Tuesday, January 24, 2006

'But as me and my household, we will serve the Lord.' - Joshua 24:15

Those are the words that are written in Chinese calligraphy hung on the wall of our family home for the longest time. I remember asking my dad once what was it, since I wasn't brought up in a Chinese school. He then taught me how to read it word for word. He would read a few words then I'll repeat them till I got them. Thinking back on the moment, it meant a lot and it's a verse that I don't just wanna memorise but I wanna live it out.

My dad serve's in this missions company called COCM. He decided that it was time God called him out of the secular working environment and he decided to give the rest of the years to God. Suffice to say, he was a different man ever since. As for my mom, I remember her cheering him on to take up full-time ministry a few years before my dad switched jobs. Thank God for moms I say :) What would man do without the woman in their lives.

2006. 25 years old. The R a y of today want to serve God in ways he never thought he would and could. I want this year to be the year where I knew God in a deeper way, seen Him face to face, talked to Him and felt His hands guiding mine in every step. I want to press on and to grab hold of everything that He has for me. I want to walk into the destiny God has for S k y e and myself together. To serve Him and devote ourselves for His cause, and not the cause of anyone or anything else. We want to enter the next stage of our relationship knowing that God has always been there for us and will be there with us now. He never ever let go of us. And God, please don't let us go.

I still want my life to resonate the verse that my Dad and my dad thought me when I was younger. As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord for all the days of our lives. If you can use anything Lord, won't You use me. Use us, Lord. Use us for Your glory. We want You more than anything else in this world. Only You, my Jesus.

Amen.

3 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

U know what man? That was a similar conversation between my mum and me last night. Serving the Lord as a family.. Wow!! and its finally happening with my dad coming back to Klang and no longer based in Kuching. Now both my parents will be serving in the same ministry together and I shall join them soon.. :)

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are gg to make it and more, ray love. as for us and our households, we will serve the Lord. there's no turning back and nothing to lose. 25, 2006. we were born for such a time as this. - skye

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger raychuah said...

skye - we r born for such a time as this! Amen. we will serve the Lord for all our days. together with u, love. LL :) there's nothing better than tt. it's the best reward, to be with God n u serving Him.

jeremy - tts great! serving God as a family and just spurring each other on. reminding each other tt our lives its abt Jesus!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger