Monday, January 23, 2006

This is my first time writing a post on my blog in Malaysia. Right where my family home is. The place I grew up, went to college and then off to university in Melbourne. I remember vague memories at every nook and cranny of the house. The smell of the room, the colour of the walls, the feel of the parque tiles beneath my feet as I'm blogging now. The sound of my parents' and brother's voice. The memories abound in such an overflowing measure. It drowns you sometimes. Makes you feel tensed up and tight. Makes you feel like you're living in the past, but in the mind of the present.

I touched down at the KLIA at 5.05am this morning. God's good. I was able to eat two meals, watch some Wallance and Gromit before the effects of the travel sickness tablets came upon me. I didn't throw up! Yes, that's something worth mentioning 'cause I'm not too good with air travel, but last night was beautiful. Definitely thank you, S k y e for buying me those travel sickness tablets. You're lovely.

Been in Malaysia now for more than fourteen hours and I'm still soaking in the Malaysian-ness around me. There's bits and pieces of Melbourne that comes out now and then, like when the woman at the pasar malam hands me some kueh, I would go 'awesome! thanks so much.' Just so you know, nobody says that in Malaysia, at least not in the pasar malam! hahaha...

I've gotta have my first proper dinner with my folks now. Been a while since we sat down together and had a meal. I'll continue to post up new things and pictures. Thanks again to the guys who were there at the airport, you know who you are.

Laters people.

3 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Hahaha... u brought back the Aussie lingo with u. Did the Pasar Malam lady go 'Huh??' hehehe.. I bet it was really weird.. hahaha.. kinda like when i came back from Sabah and started to talk BM like the Sabahans... but the thing is my friends started laughing at me.. lol.. Post photos.. photos.. photos... :D

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger raychuah said...

haha.. i guess the lady didnt catch any of tt anyway.. photos coming, on the way :)

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the opportunity of serving God with ya. : ) praying for all of God's promises to be realized in your live and the lives of your loved ones. = )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger