Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Does a fifty dollar note look bigger in the church or in the shopping mall? (quote from Ps Ben Fewster from internship)

Are you claiming the 'life more abundant' that Jesus promised or are you pre-occupied with your own lifestyle?

Mal Fletcher discussed life versus lifestyle in the Next Wave devotional and was reminding us that Jesus did not come to give a lifestyle but life, and life to the fullest. Although it could be argued that one's lifestyle is included and a part of life, it does not and should never be life itself.

God wants us to learn this lesson so much that he repeated in Matthew 6:25 that "Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?" How true! And so often we missed the point! David, who was called a man after God's own heart understood that even if he had all the gold and riches in the world but without God, it would have meant nothing. Therefore, he pleaded with God "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts" (Psalms 139:23).

I want to follow
But what does it mean
To live in world
And keep everything clean
Nothing I own here
Is ever my own
When I live in the mercy
And blessing You've shown
I lay down my rights,
See the world through Your eyes
And fight for the hungry
Who pay for our lives
I want to have You
In all of my world
So Jesus consume me
Flow through me
Cos now is the time for us to shine

Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus, King of Lights
Jesus, Jesus, raise a church that's shining bright.

- Now Is The Time, Delirious?


Jesus, when he was choosing His 12 disciples, did not present a 50-page thesis on why and how the men would be His disciples. He did not give them a 10 step plan on how it's gonna be. But He went to them by foot, looked them in the eye and called them out with two very powerful words that came with a Promise:

Follow Me.

2 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love tt quote :) - skye

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger raychuah said...

love it too.. mean so much! love ya too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger