Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's been a quiet day at the office so far. The only voice that's audible on a day like that is the hum of the server and its ventilation fans. I've come to like days like that where I could hear myself think and I'm more productive actually.

It's been the 6th amazing week at work here in Reapfield Technology. And I'm still grateful for God who has made this possible. It's been very enjoyable, with colleagues that I could easily get along with. Currently, they're pretty fond of teasing me of going out for lunch with S k y e. And of course, speaking of which, my dearest is at a WorldTeach meeting with the directors at Ikea. And after work later on, we'll collect the keys to her apartment here in DP from the agent. My folks will be meeting us here too, and who knows maybe we'll all do dinner together. I praise God 'cause my folks and S k ye have gotten to know each other well and it's lovely to see them interact with each other, since my folks now love her! heheh :) Yesterday, my brother called from Melbourne and it was a great time of just talking and catching up with what's happening in both sides of the world. Clearly, he's already a changed man (I choose to call his 'man' because that's what he's growing up to be), he sounded more grown up and mature. When we were about to end the conversation, he wanted to talk to S k y e because he said that since he couldn't be here to acually meet her, he wanna get to know her better at least through the phone. That's nice of him.

On a slightly off-topic, my dad cracked us up when he gave my brother some 'cooking' tips. In short, he said since there are so many cows in Gippsland, when you see them walking by, just kill them and cook! Cook some parts for rendang, some to stir-fry and others for lots more dishes. Yes, that's my dad giving 'cooking' lessons for international students living independently. Any takers? Actually, it was really funny when it's told in Mandarin.

So, in less than 4 hours, S k y e and myself we'll knock off work and we'll make a short trip to her apartment. At the moment, we're finding a cell group to settle down and praying about a few things concerning ministry in church. All is good. God has been awesome and has not stop blowing our minds. How could you not love a God like Him? And here, we believe that there is: More. And we're not gonna stop asking for more.

"And now, that You're near
Everything is different

Everything's so different, Lord

I know I'm not the same

My life You've changed

I wanna be with You

I wanna be with You"

- Now That You're Near, Hillsong

I want my life to echo the cry that of David, "I just want to be where You are, I don't want to worship from afar." That reminds me of the passage I read from So, You Call Yourself A Man from T.D Jakes: Be like Lazarus. Why? Because he heard the voice of Jesus and he came out of his old circumstances. He walked out of the stench he had and came closer to Jesus, regardless of what other people thought about him. He has been lying with other dead corpses but he didn't acted like one. And when God delivered him from death, he walked with Jesus everywhere Jesus went. When he was having a meal with his Miracle Maker, he reclined close to him and enjoyed His presence.

When one has been through death and came back alive, even the littlest things in life is a pleasure.

5 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, tt Lazarus bit was awesomely expressed! And I loved the time in your hse too. It was very nice of Desmond to chat. I enjoyed it :D The cow joke still makes me laugh! lol. - skye

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger raychuah said...

yeah, it was good. TD Jakes did a whole chapter on it titled 'Living Like A Loosed Man', referring to Lazarus of course :) I'm glad u had tt chat with Des. it's all cool. tt cow joke is a killer. poor cows r source of many jokes.. haha! :P it IS funny!

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so good to hear everything is going well over there :)

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger raychuah said...

praise God! :) hope everything's gg fine over in melb too!

 
At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger