Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It was our 11th month together yesterday. Sometimes, the appearance of the number doesn't do enough justice to the time and the journey that we've travelled so far. I thank God from the bottom of my heart and I can say I wanna praise Him with all my spirit, soul and strength, for all the wonderful things that He has done in my life. Yes, there were times when it was rough and hard. Yes, it wasn't a bed of roses all through the way. But there were times when God blew my mind right out of my window seat. The times when He displayed His glory and speak to me through the miracles reaffirming that He is Lord. For that, I thank You.

I was planning some type of a date for my love, since it's our 11th month since we've been together. So, I searched high and low on the Net to see if there's a place that worth trying out. Something nice, something out of the usual and just something that I hope she will enjoy. Not before long, I came across a restaurant at Sri Hartamas called Nak Won Korean BBQ Restaurant. I did a lil research of how to go, 'cause I haven't even been there before! haha.

After work, we drove there and I was praying silently that He will direct me there (since it's supposed to be a lil surprise for her). Thankfully, after going around the place in an attempt to find a park for 2 times, I spotted the place! :) We went in, it's a quiet Korean restaurant, we ordered a Marinated Beef Ribs BBQ and a Kim Chi Soup with Rice. Right after that, a waiter came with 15 small plates of side dishes and a small pot of ember for cooking the barbeque. The food was great, especially the barbequed beef ribs. The service was awesome too, with them standing by, cooking the beef in front of you and cutting it into smaller pieces to serve it on your bowl. After that, the dessert came, and that's were the hilarious part comes. You see, there were 2 desserts that were served; one was cut watermelon and two, there was this bowl of white-greyish soup/water that came. We looked at each other and S k y e read my mind instantly, when I said "Do you think this is for washing hands of it's a type of Korean dessert?" We would have guessed it right the first time if it didn't look so suspect, 'cause it came with these tiny ice cubes that looked exactly like soap suds! In a desperate attempt not to look embarrassed, we did a series of 'tests' to see if it's a dessert of water for hand-wash. haha! Eventually, I think we caught the waiters' attention by laughing and being overly amused by a mere bowl of dessert. In the end, S k y e managed to ask the waiter what it was and we drank it down, just like a Korean food connoisseur. haha! :P


It was definitely a great night and I would have loved to make it even more special for her the next time around, which is our 1st year anniversary :)

Thank You, God for everything that You've done and thank You for blessing this relationship in these 11 months. Thank You for taking us through 3 countries and continually leading us into our future that You've given us. Bless us this day and be with us evermore. We love You, Dad!

:)

4 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Thank God indeed - Two nationalities, four months of praying, seven months of LDR, one God and one love spanning three countries :) How far we have come *hugggggs* u r the best, dear. tks for being so awesomely sweet :) i loved the dinner, and even more, i loved and love just spending time together - skye

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger raychuah said...

thank you dearest, i'm glad we had a great time at dinner n all yday. it was awesome spending time together n i guess, just celebrating the fact tt God has brought us so far. we're gonna continue holding on no matter what, i'm glad tt it's u. i love u, skye :) *huggggs*

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm very glad it's u :) Told God tt last night before I slpt - skye

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger raychuah said...

aww.. u're sweet, dearie :) i prayed for us n thanked God for u last night too. love ya! LL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger