Thursday, May 11, 2006

It's the last day of the week today. Praise God!

Yesterday, S k y e and I had the best durian cheesecake in the whole known universe! Where? Right in a cg we visited! Praise the Lord God Almighty! It was so unreal you got to eat it to know how it feels like to have divine intervention from the Most High. Ahhh.... Tell you more about it when I have the time.

It was an awesome time in cg yesterday, although there were no sharing. There was a long worship session though, and it was a wonderful time of meeting God and having His presence right there in the house. After that, there was an Australian couple who celebrated their 47th wedding anniversary. The guy wanted to surprise his wife of 47 years, so he informed everyone in the cg and asked everyone to dress nicely. They were an old couple, but oh, it was just so sweet. The guy bought themselves a new wedding ring and they exchanged vows and rings again. After that, they kissed and danced, with a lady playing piano in the background and the cg leader sang a song, which I can't recall the title (maybe dear you can help me with that). The reason the guy bought a new set of ring is because he was saying that when he married his wife then, he wasn't very well-to-do, hence he bought a ring worth 5 British Pounds. And since then, she has never taken it off till yesterday, when they celebrated 47 years of being together. They stood before us, read the marriage vows again, and exchange their new rings. The woman was walking slowly and her hands shook as she stood and read the vows, but when they were dancing, wow... they seem to be floating on air and everything just seems so natural. It was beautiful. Me? I was trying to hold back my tears as I held the hand of my loved one :)

The guy said something that grabbed my attention, and reminded me about how precious this life is. He said that at first he planned to buy the new rings when they are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary, but he was saying that what an idiot he is to think of that, because who knows if they may that long? Instead, he says that he value whatever time left they have together and he just wanted to give the best to his wife while they are still around. Even if he did not say those in words, we could all see it in his actions.

It was a night to remember for me.

As for me, I want that for my relationship with S k y e. That we will never take anything for granted. Not this life, not our relationship, not the time we had and have and certainly not each other. I want to cherish her and make her feel special for all the days of my life. And having written all these down, I want to also keep myself accountable that I want to see this come to past in my life so that one day, my children will see how their parents love each other, and how they love their Father in heaven and say "I want to be like my mom and dad."

I love you S k y e, and I only want to love you more.

For now, teach me how to be more like You, Dad.

6 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sniff sniff* :) *huggggs* u r sweet. we will not take each other for granted n we will serve our God with all tt we r, trusting tt as He makes us more like HIm, we also love each other more. The song? I only knw it was a waltz number in 3/4. heh. Not my area of speciality :P <3 ya! - skye

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger raychuah said...

i'll do the same, love. hmm, i also only know it was a 3/4 :P haha, but i thought it was so sweet, and what made it sweeter was that, they were an old couple who are not afraid to display their love for each other. it's nicee.. *hugggss* we'll love each other more and love our Father more everyday.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the kissing part was real sweet n cute! the old lady's face was red at the end of the very long kiss. hahah. - skye

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger raychuah said...

yeahh, it was sweet for sure :) it's really nice of the guy tho..

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 
At 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger