Monday, June 26, 2006

Last Friday was our third time attending Shelley T a y’s CG at Kota Damansara. I reckoned all three times where really good as there was a pleasant sense of being built up and growing together with us and the cg. I think one of the things that made us feel really welcomed and belong was the fast that Shelley and the cg members were really warm in their welcome and follow up. Not that we were particularly seeking to be followed up, but just the fact that Shelley came to have lunch with us one time, just to get to know us and spend some time together was nice. The calls to S k y e asking her how she’s doing and other various things, the (lots of) emails the cg sends, which includes a nicely documented prayer journal and also how the cg is so dynamic in the sharing especially I feel.

So, on that Friday night after cg when we were driving to the nearby mamak at Mutiara Damansara, we made up our minds that yes, it is gonna be this cg. Our time of praying and choosing is over and now, it’s time to move into another phase, where we wanna find places to serve. I’m encouraged by my dear’s initiative in contacting the person in charge of Floodgates (the DUMC bi-monthly newsletter) asking her what can she do to serve in that area.

I’m hoping to step into the next phase of my transition back here in Malaysia, where now after having a church to go to and be committed to, after having found a good job, after finding a good cg to settle in, now I want to serve. I want to be able to be on fire and hungry for God even more than before. As in Paul’s words, one thing I do, to forget about the past and to press on towards the goal that God has called me to. And this is the season to remain focused on the things God has called me to and to keep on running and running and running.

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*nods* we got to press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of us. Am believing in Abba for glory to glory :) I'm glad we r doing this together - skye

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger raychuah said...

yeah, i'm glad that He has prepared something big for us in store. and am glad that we're in this together :) LL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger