Monday, July 03, 2006

Another day, another week.

My baby’s back in Singapura. But I’ll be there this Saturday (yay!) more Saturday bus-riding-goodness. It feels vaguely weird that we’re back to the sms-then-call-and talk-till-it’s-late-ish kinda system again. Although we have done it for most of our relationship for the past year especially. But you know, it feels awesome to be together in one place then when you displace that, it requires a little readjustment of lifestyle again. Nothing big, just a random observation.

Anyway, I have to write this down before I forget. If any of you tries this, please tell me whether it works. It’s Jamie Oliver’s Special Lemon Sorbet (the reason why I’m writing it out rather than copy and paste is I think I’ll remember better like that) So, there we go:

What do you need:

200g sugar
200ml water
200 ml lemon juice
1 zest of lemon
1 heaped tablespoon of mascarpone

How do I do it:

1.
Pre-freeze a container (preferably metal since it’s gonna freeze faster) of 20-25cm deep.
2.
Put the water and sugar to a pan and let it boil. When it looks syrupy, remove it from the heat and let it cool for 15 minutes.
3.
Add the lemon juice and zest to the pan.
4.
Add mascarpone and stir till it’s mixed evenly.
5.
It’s very important at this stage to give it a try. In the words of Jamie, if it makes your face curl up, you know you need to add more sugar (duh). haha
6.
Pour the mixture into the container and put it in the freezer.
7.
Check every hour or so for the next 3 hours to stir it around if it starts to freeze.
8.
Now, you got yourself the goodness of lemon sorbet ala Jamie Oliver of course. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger