Friday, August 04, 2006

OK, I admit I like reading Dilbert comics for a myriad of reasons. I mean, I like Garfield, Hagar the Horrible, B.C, lately Zits and probably a few clever one-frame comics like Insanity Streak. But Dilbert has something a little bit more to it I reckon. It could be the clever sarcasm plus workplace humour plus randomness plus plain dumb character and remarks.

One of my favourite was this one:








A few reasons why I think this particular comic strip is just plain gold:

1. It highlights my 2 favourite character (after Dilbert of course) - the pointy-haired boss and Alice. To be honest, I do like Wally too. He quite a lovable character. But this is how Alice is described on the Dilbert website:

"
Alice is the only female engineer in Dilbert's department. She's habitually overworked. Her cardiovascular system is basically coffee. She has a quick temper when confronted with the idiocy of her co-workers. She does not handle criticism well."

2. It highlights the stupidity of The Boss and his ignorance.
3. It shows the deep concentration of the employees while talking about things that make no sense and of zero importance.
4. It highlights the "wisdom" of Alice, which is quite looked up upon by gullibly by all the other characters.
5. It ends in utter randomness, in this case, referring to the planet Uranus (one of those "bone-density" moments - insider joke).

Anyway, it's kinda nice to end the work week with some humour. I'll be leading Welcome tonight! Very cool and looking forward to it. Have a good weekend folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger