Monday, October 02, 2006

Psalm 23:1-3 'The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.'(NIV)

Compare the words of the Bible's Psalm 23, with those of Psalm 23 Revised Yuppie Version. It goes like this: 'I am my own shepherd, I shall not want / I lead myself down the road to personal success / I restore my soul through positive thinking / I guide myself in the paths of materialism for my own name's sake / Even tho' I walk through the valley of the shadow of duty / I will fear no evil / My Visa and American Express they comfort me / I prepare a table of leisure before me in the presence of my responsibilities / I anoint my head with gel / My cup of Chateau Yaldara 1967 overflows / Surely "I Did It My Way" shall haunt me all the days of my life / And I shall dwell in the house of loneliness cut off from God forever.' That kind of sums up the way many people live in our post-modern age...


From the Daily Recharge today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger