Monday, May 28, 2007

Random event:

I was nicely enjoying my sleep in time on a Saturday morning, when this Indian/American telemarketer called me at about 10am. He told me in this half-excited tone that I've won a free stay at the Sunway Resort Hotel. When I told him, sorry I'm not interested, he proceeded with saying that I've also won free passes to Sunway Lagoon as well! When I said no the second time around, he replied in this bewildered tone saying "why are you not interested?" After about 10 seconds of telling him I have no intentions of taking up the "free" offer. I put down the phone. Turns out that there has been a phone scam going on.

I had no idea how he got my number, and why he thought I would be interested in going to Sunway Hotel, but anyways, here's a reminder to you guys to always be on your toes at all times. These scam guys will stop at nothing to cheat you of a couple of hundred ringgit, or more. So, there you go. Random.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger