Thursday, July 05, 2007

A few things I miss - Dangerfield (and their choice of indie music everytime you walk into their stores), Trampoline gelati (especially lychee and lime sorbet!), St Kilda pastries, JB Hifi (love heaps!), and just random cafes and coffee spots around the city, which serves awesome all-day aussie breakfast.

Come semester break, plans will be abound with eating trips, late night suppers, random coffee moments and road trips! They're heaps fun, I can't deny that one single bit. The food, the company, the views, the nice break from the city, the beach, the air.... everything! They're just so awesome. I mean, I remember hitting Port Campbell with Skye, and as soon as we checked in into our little hotel, I took a glance out of the window, and I remember how fresh and crisp the air felt as well as the view of the sunset glow softly falling on the huge rocky cliffs. The warmth of the red, yellow, light purple glow just easily takes away the breath of anyone who looks at it. And with so minimal people in that small town, everything felt like as if God made every single view just for you to enjoy. Just you and Him.

You see, I miss these things. As soon as I came back here to Malaysia, I would never even hesitate to call it home. Yes, there were moments when I wished I was in Melbourne enjoying certain things and how church is so awesome back then. But the fact is this - I am here. So what am I gonna do about it? I never regreted coming back here. Time and again, God absolutely blew my mind when He showed me what He can do when one steps out in obedience. And mind you, obedience includes submitting to authority when you're supposed to do so. Did I feel like I can achieve more and maybe grow even more should I have stayed on longer in Melbourne? ... Well, looks like we'll never know that.

Suffice to say, I am totally glad to have found CCKL and my fellow friends there who beats with the same passion and heart for God. Yet, when I stop for a moment and consider whether I've lost the desire and even time to make time for myself and my loved ones, I wonder. There were thoughts were I wish I can take time off to go somewhere, Perhentian, Pangkor, Phuket, Bali, Vietnam, or just really wherever. Stop, take time to breathe and know that there is always something more out there to be experienced to be taken in and learn.

You see, friends, life is not all about work and slogging for that one thing we have in mind. In my case, iPhone amongst many other things. haha! Life is meant to be enjoyed, to be lived, to be savoured. Just like how when you're enjoying a awesome dish in front of you, you won't gobble it all down, instead, take time to savour, you may just enjoy more taste which you never thought you would before. Take time to let people into your lives, take time to connect. Nobody ever lives alone, same as nobody ever can call him/herself a self-made man. No such thing. God created company for man. He came so that you could enjoy life and life to the full.

3 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are here and we are going to prosper here where God has planted us :) Dad will never shortchange us so Dangerfield, Trampoline and every thing nice... we are coming to getcha one day! - skye ;)

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger raychuah said...

hahahaha! yupp and amenn to all of that :)

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger